I’VE BEEN NOMINATED for a “Liebster Award” by Risca’s Pieces (http://risaspieces.org/)! As glamorous as it sounds, I don’t think it’s quite as prestigious as an Oscar, but I’ll go along with it anyway. I wasn’t sure what this award was about, but it turns out that it’s just a chainmail-promotion for bloggers like me and bloggers like you, presumably. (You can find out a bit more about it here: (http://wordingwell.com/the-liebster-award-the-official-rules-my-first-blog-award-and-a-few-personal-secrets-revealed/)
So thanks for the nomination, Risca’s Pieces, and here are the eleven questions you asked me, dutifully answered:
1. Why did you start blogging?
I often get a lot of ideas and things I want to share or have a good rant about, so I figured a blog would be the best way to do it. Engaging in debate with people is great, too.
2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I’d always have my heart and head here in South East England, so there. That said, a villa on some kind of Caribbean island (can’t decide which) and a nice big house in Provence would be much appreciated…
3. Which magazines do you read?
I don’t read magazines per se, but like to flick through Surrey Life (local magazine of mine), GQ, travel mags and FHM.
4. What’s your favorite cocktail?
I’d say a Margarita or Piña Colada.
5. Where was the best vacation you ever had?
Florida, 2004. And you can never be too old for Disney World!
6. What’s your favorite way to pamper yourself?
I don’t do pampering myself! Closest thing I get to that is the occasional eating of some sort of chocolate or cake.
7. What was the last book you read?
Dumb Witness by Agatha Christie.
8. What’s your favorite personal care product brand?
I’m a fan of Lynx (Think it’s called Axe in the US?).
9. Name one thing (anything) you can’t live without.
10. Would you ever volunteer to colonize another planet?
No, I like this one too much. I went on holiday to Mars once, though: https://theconnorsseur.wordpress.com/2013/12/21/christmas-on-mars/
11. Favorite Batman: Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, George Clooney, or Christian Bale?
Here’s another eleven facts about me (it’s part of the game, by the way…):
1. I don’t like melon.
2. I want to travel as much as I can; the country at the top of my list is Canada.
3. I love driving.
4. I don’t have any tattoos or piercings.
5. My favourite vegetable is asparagus.
6. My left lung has sponteanously collapsed twice.
7. I think I must be one of the few people who hasn’t seen Avatar.
8. I support Fulham FC (they need the support at the moment!)
9. I’m 6′ 1.5″ tall.
10. The last play/musical I saw was Les Misérables.
11. I have some genuine difficulty processing numbers in my head.
Now it’s my turn to nominate. I nominate:
You must be somewhere in London
Coffee & Camera in Hand
Self Raising Flower
Edibles & Travels
Moments In Life
Here are your questions:
1. Why did you start your blog?
2. What did you want to be when you were a kid?
3. Your favourite ice cream flavour is…
4. Name three things you would take to a desert island.
5. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
6. What’s your favourite feature about your appearance?
7. If you could visit anywhere in the world tomorrow just for one day, where would it be?
8. Who is your inspiration?
9. Last thing you ate?
10. What’s the best book you’ve ever read?
11. Which superpower would you have?
And here are the rules:
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT TO KEEP THE CHAIN GOING, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 further random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have fewer than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
Hope to see your thank you speeches soon!